Thursday, December 20, 2012

Student Teacher Mantra

Hello all!  I know I have not posted recently.  Things have been super busy.

BUT, I had to share this amazing recording of my fellow Kripalu yoga teacher trainees and I singing the Student Teacher Mantra from earlier this year.  We would sing this every session before class.  It's so funny, I had recently been asked to write about my yoga teacher training for a blog (you will see it here soon as well), and in the same week I received the letter I wrote to myself during my training, and this lovely recording!

Thank you Lyra for sharing.



Sanskrit and English lyrics after the jump.

Om saha nāvavatu
Saha nau bhunaktu
Saha vīryam karavāvahai
Tejasvi nāvadhitam astu
Ma vidviṣhāvahai
Om shāntih, shāntih, shāntih

Asato mā sad gamaya
Tamaso mā jyotir gamaya
Mṛityor mā amṛitam gamaya

Gurur Brahmā Gurur Vishṇur
Gurur Devo Maheshvarah
Guruh ṣākshāt param brahma
Tasmai shrī Gurave namah

Om shantih, shantih, shantih
_______________________

May we be protected together.
May we be nourished together.
May we work together with great vigor.
May our study be enlightening.
May there be no hatred between us.
Om peace, peace peace.

Lead us from the unreal to the real.
Lead us from darkness to light.
Lead us from death to immortality.

The Guru is Brahma (the Creator);
The Guru is Vishnu (the Sustainer);
The Guru is Lord Shiva (the Transformer);
The Guru is verily the Supreme Absolute.
Salutations to that Guru.

Om peace, peace, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment